« June 2013 |
| August 2013 »
July 2013 Archives
- Stranger Horizons, July 2013, by
- I don't know about you, but July just whipped past for me, and August is likely to go nearly as fast. Just before we get there, though, here's our monthly round-up of SH contributor news, starting with a congratulations to...
- Reading Notes, by
- … being a round-up of thoughts on some of the new (that is, 2013) books I’ve read so far this year, and some related items. The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord (Jo Fletcher Books). There’s an awful...
- Confidentiality statement added to guidelines, by
- A quick note to say that we've added an explicit confidentiality statement to our submission guidelines index page. We've added this because we've received a couple of queries about the confidentiality of our submissions process, prompted by an ongoing investigation...
- Women in (UK) SF (again), by
- Julie Crisp, Editorial Director at Tor UK: “The sad fact is, we can’t publish what we’re not submitted. Tor UK has an open submission policy – as a matter of curiosity we went through it recently to see what the...
- Farewell to Paraphernalia, by
- As you may already have seen if you've read this week's issue, we're bidding farewell to Mark Plummer's column Paraphernalia, after 14 instalments and just over two years. It's been a good run, and I've very much enjoyed having him...