« April 2013 |
| June 2013 »
May 2013 Archives
- Stranger Horizons, May 2013, by
- First of all this month, congratulations to the newly online Interfictions, which posted its first issue this week! Both masthead and table of contents include some familiar names. The poetry selections include work by Paul Jessup, Gwynne Garfinkle, Rose Lemberg,...
- SH at Wiscon, by
- Hello to everyone at Wiscon! Hope you're having a great time. This is just a quick note to say that, as usual, we'll be having a tea party, hosted by Brit and Julia, on Sunday afternoon, 15.00-16.30 in room 629,...
- Strange Horizons w/c 6th May, by
- This week, we have:Kenneth Schneyer's short story, "Hear the Enemy, My Daughter" and the podcast read by Anaea LayA poem by Jane Tolmie and Perry Rath, "Book of Voles (Excerpts)"Rochita Loenen-Ruiz's column, "Movements: So what do you think of my...
- Sturgeon and Campbell, by
- The original odd couple have their award shortlists out, and we're very excited to see two SH stories listed as Sturgeon finalists! Congratulations to Kate Bachus, Molly Gloss, and all the other nominated authors. “Things Greater Than Love”, Kate Bachus...
- Strange Horizons w/c 29th April, by
- This week we had:Tansy Rayner Roberts' introduction to Lucy Sussex's "My Lady Tongue", which was also podcast by Anaea LaySophie Mayer's poem, "That Sonnet Is a Fragment (Anagrammatic) of ConstellationAnd in reviews, we had part one and part two of...
- And the winner is ..., by
- This year's Arthur C. Clarke Award winner, as announced a little while ago at the Royal Society in London, is ... Dark Eden by Chris Beckett ... and once again the judges ignore the 'wisdom' of the commenting crowd. Chris...
- Notes on a Shortlist 2013, by
- The problem with collecting everybody else's reviews is the lingering sense that it's all been said. Perhaps it has, and perhaps a consensus is forming. Opinions as to the merits of four of the shortlisted novel certainly range quite widely,...