« January 2013 |
| March 2013 »
February 2013 Archives
- Stranger Horizons, February 2013, by
- Time for our monthly round-up of some of the things SH contributors have been getting to elsewhere; as ever, if you have something to include in next month's post, let me know. In the spirit of keeping track of SH...
- Progressive SF?, by
- The Kitschies awards, previously discussed here, have announced their winners: Nick Harkaway's Angelmaker took the Red Tentacle for best novel, Karen Lord's Redemption in Indigo took the Golden Tentacle for Best Debut, Dave Shelton's cover for A Boy and a...
- This week..., by
- We have various exciting things for you in this week's issue: An interview with Nalo Hopkinson by Sofia Samatar: "I wish more fantasy, especially the dominant fantasy that draws heavily on British and Christian lore, would wrestle with its own...
- Nebula nominees, by
- First with the nominees this year seems to be SF Site. SF Site broke the embargo, but here's the official SFWA announcement. No SH stories on the ballot, alas, but fiction editor Brit Mandelo is nominated for her rather good...
- Crawford Award, by
- This year's winner of the William L. Crawford Award for first fantasy book has been announced: Jagganath by Karin Tidbeck! I'll direct you to Indrapramit Das' review in these pages for an enumeration of this collection's virtues. The full shortlist:...
- Situations Vacant, by
- Just a quick reminder that we're still recruiting for a couple of positions at the moment; if you're interested in being a First Reader or Webmaster for SH, details of how to apply can be found at the link. Thanks!...
- Recommended!, by
- On Friday, Locus published their annual, stunningly comprehensive Recommending Reading List for 2012's speculative fiction and, pleasingly, five SH stories were included: "The Keats Variation" by KM Ferebee "The Grinnell Method" by Molly Gloss "Things Greater Than Love" by Kate...
- A Month of Podcasts, by
- It's true! I can't quite believe it either, but we have already completed our first month of podcasts. Have you listened? If so, what did you think? If not -- here are some catch-up links. 7 January: "Selkie Stories are...
- Second Month of Reading Redux, by
- Unlike my first month on duty, which was September 2012, this month's exercise was, to say the least, manic. Last time, I saw just under 200 submissions; this time, I saw at least 300. Given that we're still facing a...