« August 2012 |
| October 2012 »
September 2012 Archives
- Stranger Horizons, September 2012, by
- Time for a new blog feature! As you are no doubt aware if you are reading this, Strange Horizons has in its twelve years published an inordinate number of cool and talented writers. So it seemed like it might be...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 17th September, by
- This week, we had: "The Fourth Exam", a short story by Dorothy YarrosAnn K. Schwader's poem, "Cave Bear Dreams"And reviews of Madeline Ashby's vN, by Marina Berlin, and Jay Kristoff's Stormdancer, by Matt Hilliard On the blog, Niall discusses Paul...
- Knowability and Conviction, by
- I imagine many of you have by now seen Paul Kincaid's essay "The Widening Gyre", exploring his dissatisfaction with several of last year's Year's Best short fiction volumes; it's been a topic of discussion on the Coode Street podcast for...
- A New Year's Best, by
- But one that I'll snap up, come next February: Jurassic London are pleased to announce Speculative Fiction 2012: The Year's Best Online Reviews & Commentary, capturing the best of 2012's blogs, websites and other digital publications. With the online reviewing...
- Back from the USA, by
- I am back from Chicon, and from the longer holiday that surrounded the convention, feeling refreshed and enthused: which is just as well, because I did say that I hoped to get back to a more regular blogging schedule this...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 27th August, by
- In this week's issue, we have:An article by Raz Greenberg, "Steven Spielberg's Early Television Genre Works"Megan Arkenberg's poem, "Sister Philomela Heard the Voices of Angels"And we have reviews of Beasts of the Southern Wild, by Matt Denault, and of John...