« May 2011 |
| July 2011 »
June 2011 Archives
- British Fantasy Award Nomination, by
- Well, here's a nice way to start the week: BEST MAGAZINE/PERIODICAL Black Static – Andy Cox – TTA Cemetery Dance – Rich Chizmar Murky Depths – Terry Martin – The House Of Murky Depths Shadows and Tall Trees – Michael...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 20th June, by
- This week we have: John Clute's column, "Scores" The second part of Shaenon K. Garrity's short story, "The All-Night Truck Stop Polka Band" (read the first part "Plaster Messiahs", a poem by Marge Simon And reviews of K.W. Jeter's Infernal...
- Horizontal Connections 23.06.11, by
- A somewhat truncated list this week due partly to my being on the road and away from my RSS feed and partly to the suspicion that, when it comes to links, more may very well be less. As ever, If...
- Five for NPR, by
- NPR are running a poll to generate a list of the top 100 science fiction and fantasy books; this follows on from polls to find the “best beach books” (2009) and “killer thrillers” (2010), both of which attracted something in...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 13th June, by
- This week we have: "Running Away to Bordertown", an interview by Karen Meisner with Holly Black, Ellen Kushner, and Terri Windling Karen Meisner's article, "A Medley of Authors (Re)Visiting One Magical City: Welcome to Bordertown" "Heroes of Tomorrow: Adventures in...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 6th June, by
- This week we have: Mark Plummer's column, "Paraphernalia: Dinner With My Friends" "Peerless", a short story by Karen Munro Ann K. Schwader's poem, "Past Human" And reviews of The King of the Elves: the Collected Stories of Philip K. Dick,...
- The Theodore Sturgeon Award, by
- We're delighted to hear that one of the stories we published last year, "The Night Train" by Lavie Tidhar, is a finalist for this year's Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award for best short fiction of 2010. The full list of finalists:...
- Horizontal Connections 09.06.11, by
- The time is at hand for another collection of links to smart things wot get said on the internet. As ever, If you have any suggestions, feedback or think that you may have written something that deserves a wider audience...
- New Columnist: Mark Plummer, by
- We have a new columnist this week! Mark Plummer, co-editor of the Hugo-nominated fanzine Banana Wings, will be writing about fans and fanzines, fannishness and fandom, and you can read his first dispatch here: Paraphernalia: Dinner With My Friends. I'm...
- Wiscon Discussions, by
- Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to Wiscon this year. Fortunately, quite a lot of the the people who did go have posted notes on the panels they attended, leading to a number of interesting discussions. Such as: "Where is...
- Strange Horizons, w/c 30th May, by
- This week we've had a focus on Carol Emshwiller and we have: A discussion of her work between Ursula K. Le Guin, Helen Merrick, Pat Murphy, and Gary K. Wolfe, with Niall Harrison A column on "The Emshwillerians" by Karen...
- Discussion Continues, by
- There have been a number of follow-up posts to the discussion I mentioned last weekend about the under-representation of women writers in the British sf market, and in particular about the dramatic imbalance revealed in the recent Guardian poll of...